Retrieving a Vehicle from Impound
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR VEHICLE WAS TOWED AND TAKEN TO THE IMPOUND YARD
Check if a vehicle has been towed
Disclaimer: This site is updated throughout the day and reflects impounds received after 8 a.m.
Vehicles that have been impounded, that are not on an investigative hold, can be picked up during normal business hours at the Impound Yard. The Impound Yard is open 7 days a week at 8 a.m. The gate closes at 4:30 p.m. daily. The Impound Yard is closed on city-approved holidays.
If the registered owner wishes to retrieve his/her vehicle from the Impound Yard, he/she must provide the following three items:
- Valid driver's license if the vehicle is being driven from the lot. If the registered owner does not have a valid driver license, he/she can bring another person with a valid driver license to drive for them, or they can have the vehicle towed from the lot. The registered owner will still need to provide picture identification.
- Current vehicle registration in their name
- Current vehicle insurance
The fees associated with the impounded vehicle must be paid prior to the vehicle leaving the lot.
The tow fees are:
- $150.00 for vehicles with a gross weight of less than 10,000 pounds
- $200.00 for vehicles with a gross weight of more than 10,000 pounds
- $350.00 for vehicles with a gross weight of more than 26,000 pounds
- $75.00 for trailers
Additional fees may be charged IF one of the following services was provided.
- $30.00 for window wrapping
- $75.00 for winching
- $75.00 for righting
- Forklift, backhoe, track hoe, and any other necessary recovery equipment services shall be at commercial rental rates plus ten percent per hour (not including operator)
- $25.00 per day for each vehicle up to 1 ton capacity after the first 24 hours
- $75.00 per day for large vehicles of 1-5 ton capacity after the first 24 hours
READY TO PICK UP YOUR VEHICLE
Release of Authorization Form
Complete the Release of Authorization Form if you are unable to come in person to pick up your vehicle but are sending someone else.
Indemnity Agreement/Hold Harmless Form
Lienholder Checklist for Car Lots
Lienholder Checklist for Individual
Lienholder Checklist for Finance Company