Mardi Gras Safety Tips
Mobile Police want to remind the public of the following Mardi Gras information and safety tips:
Towed vehicles will be taken to a Temporary Impound Lot under I-10 off Monroe Street between northbound and southbound Water Street. The lot will be open until 11:00 p.m. each parade night. Vehicles not retrieved by that time will be moved to the permanent impound facility behind the Mobile Police Department Training Academy at 1251 Virginia Street. To find out if your vehicle has been towed, call 251-208-1281.
Cost to retrieve a vehicle from either of the impound lots is $150. Only cash, debit cards or Master Card and Visa credit cards will be accepted. Motorists picking up their towed vehicles must present a valid driver's license, proof of ownership (registration, a tag receipt, etc.) and proof of current insurance.
Most vehicles are towed because of parking violations. The Mobile Police Department will begin closing streets in the downtown area one hour before each scheduled parade. Non-parking areas will be designated by signage, including special gold Mardi Gras "No Parking" signs along the parade routes.
RV parking on the medians along Claiborne and Canal Streets is prohibited. There will be RV parking underneath I-10 at Canal and Water Streets for a fee.
Click here for Mardi Gras parade parking information. To view all parking options available via an interactive map, click here.
Police are emphasizing that parents make every effort to place an identity card in their child's pocket in the event they become separated from each other. The card should provide the name of the child, address, telephone contact numbers and the name of a relative.
In the event parents and children are separated, children should be instructed to go to the nearest police officer. Police will attempt to contact the parents and the children will be taken to Central Precinct located at 55 N. Water Street until they can be reunited.
Citizens are being asked to refrain from calling 911 or the Mobile Police Department's non-emergency number for Mardi Gras information requests. Those requests should be address by dialing 311, the city's information line, or to www.311.cityofmobile.org.
Other safety tips include:
- Attend parades in groups, with family or friends.
- Glass containers are prohibited by city ordinance
- Do not follow floats. Violators may be arrested.
- Do not throw any object in the direction of floats, band members or any parade participants. Violators may be arrested.
- Materials known as "Silly String" and "Snap & Pops" along with similar products are illegal. Possession of any these products may result in arrest.
- Do not cross the barricades. Each officer will be carrying a ticket book and will be issuing citations for the offense. The fine for crossing the barricades is $298.
- No underage drinking is allowed. Special undercover police details arrest violators.
- If you need police assistance during a parade, go to the nearest intersection and advise a uniformed police officer.
- Choose a well-lit area for night parade viewing.
- Establish a post-parade meeting place for family and friends in case you become separated.
- Park vehicles in secure areas and do not leave valuables in plain sight. Utilize the trunk to store valuables.
- Uniformed and plainclothes officers will be patrolling behind the crowds to identify and arrest persons engaging in criminal activity.
- Pets are prohibited during the parades downtown.
- Skateboards and motorized scooters are prohibited.
2022 Parade Schedules
Friday, February 11
- 6:30 p.m. - Conde Cavaliers (Mobile, Route A)
Saturday, February 12
- 2:00 p.m. - Bayport Parading Society (Mobile, Route A)
- 2:30 p.m. - Mystic DJ Riders (Mobile, Route A)
- 6:30 p.m. - Pharaohs (Mobile, Route A)
- 7:00 pm. - Conde Explorers (Mobile, Route A)
Thursday, February 17
- 6:30 p.m. - Order of Polka Dots (Mobile, Route A)
Friday, February 18
- 6:30 p.m. - Order of Inca (Mobile, Route A)
Saturday, February 19
- 2:00 p.m. - Mobile Mystics (Mobile, Route A)
- 2:30 p.m. - Mobile Mystical Revelers (Mobile, Route A)
- 3:00 p.m. - Mobile Mystical Friends (Mobile, Route A)
- 6:30 p.m. - Maids of Mirth (Mobile, Route G)
- 7:00 p.m. - Order of Butterfly Maidens (Mobile, Route A)
- 7:30 p.m. - Krewe of Marry Mates (Mobile, Route A)
Sunday, February 20
- 6:30 p.m. - Neptune's Daughters (Mobile, Route A)
- 7:00 p.m. - Order of Isis (Mobile, Route A)
Monday, February 21
- 6:30 p.m. - Order of Venus (Mobile, Route A)
- 7:00 p.m. - Order of Many Faces (Mobile, Route A)
Tuesday, February 22
- 6:30 p.m. - Order of LaShe's (Mobile, Route A)
Thursday, February 24
- 6:30 p.m. - Mystic Stripers Society (Mobile, Route A)
Friday, February 25
- 6:30 p.m. - Crewe of Columbus (Mobile, Route A)
- 7:00 p.m. - Krewe de Secondline (Mobile, Route A)
Saturday, February 26
- 12:00 p.m. - Floral Parade (Mobile, Route A)
- 12:30 p.m. - Knights of Mobile(Mobile, Route A)
- 1:00 p.m. - Mobile Mystical Ladies (Mobile, Route A)
- 1:30 p.m. - Order of Angels (Mobile, Route A)
- 2:00 p.m. - Joy of Life (Mobile, Route A)
- 5:45 p.m. - Mystic of Time (Mobile, Route H)
Sunday, February 27 (Joe Cain Day)
- 12:00 p.m - Alba Temple Motorcade (Mobile, Route I)
- 2 p.m. - King Elexis I Motorcade (Mobile, Route E)
- 2:30 p.m. - Joe Cain Marchers (Mobile, Route A)
- 3:00 p.m. - Joe Cain Society (Mobile, Route A)
- 5:00 p.m. - Le Krewe de Bienville (Mobile, Route A)
Monday, February 28 (Lundi Gras)
- 12:00 p.m. - King Felix III, Floral parade (Mobile, Route A)
- 3:00 p.m. - MLK Business and Civic (Mobile, Route D)
- 3:30 p.m. - Monday Mystics (Mobile, Route D)
- 4:00 p.m. - Northside Merchants (Mobile, Route D)
- 7:00 p.m. - Infant Mystics (Mobile, Route F)
- 7:30 p.m. - Order of Doves (Mobile, Route F)
Tuesday, March 1 (Fat Tuesday)
- 10:30 a.m. - Order of Athena (Mobile, Route A)
- 12:30 p.m. - Knights of Revelry (Mobile, Route A)
- 1:00 p.m. - King Felix III (Mobile, Route A)
- 1:30 p.m. - Comic Cowboys (Mobile, Route A)
- 2:00 p.m. - MAMGA (Mobile, Route B)
- 6:00 p.m. - Order of Myths (Mobile, Route C)
To view Parade Route Maps, click here.