The new starting salary for a City of Mobile police officer is $49K (includes annual incentive and per diem). Based on level of education beyond a high school diploma or GED, a police officer can earn up to 15 percent more.
- Health and Dental administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Prescription drug coverage administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Twenty (20) year retirement at age 55 to a maximum benefit of 72.5 percent of base pay at 30 years
- Take-home vehicle program
- Uniforms, weapons and other police equipment
- Basic life insurance and accidental death and disability paying two times annual salary to a maximum of $75,000
- Dependent life insurance of $2,000 for each dependent covered by the city health plan
- Employee assistance program providing confidential counseling for individual, family, couples, substance abuse, and more.
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Built-in overtime
- Per diem