The Mobile Police Department usually operates two Academy Classes per year for new hires. The application process starts at the Mobile County Personnel Board. To view open job positions and to fill out an online application, click below or visit www.PersonnelBoard.org.
To contact the Mobile County Personnel Board:
Mobile County Personnel Board P.O. Box 66794 Mobile, AL 36660-1794  470-7727
All entrance tests for these civil service positions are open and competitive. Public notice is given at least two weeks in advance of the holding of any test. Such notice specifies:
- The dates, time, and place of the examination.
- The title or class of the position and salary.
- The period during which applications will be received.
- Age limits, physical qualifications and citizenship requirements, if any.
- Minimum qualifications as to experience and education
- A general description of the duties.
- The weights to be assigned the different elements of the test.