$5,000 Cash Rewards Offered in Unsolved Murder Cases
Published: Jan 7, 2018
The Mobile Police Department is offering $5,000 cash rewards to the tipsters who can provide information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of 89-year-old John Higby's killer and 10 other victims’ killers with unsolved murder cases in 2017. Call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 251-208-7000 or 251-208-7211 with information.
UNSOLVED MURDER CASES 2017
- On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at approximately 5:12 a.m. officers responded to a suspicious vehicle parked in front of the 1500 block of Heron Drive. Upon arrival, officers discovered 40-year-old Idrian Gardner inside the doorway of the vacant apartment. Gardner suffered from several gunshot wounds and was pronounced deceased on the scene.
- On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at approximately 12:05 a.m. officers responded to the area of Octavia Drive and Vermillion Drive in reference to a male down. Officers observed 21-year-old Bradley Huey suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. Huey was pronounced deceased on the scene.
- On Friday, May 19, 2017 at approximately 6:53 p.m. police responded to the 4000 block of Airport Blvd in reference to a severely decomposed body. The victim was identified as 63-year-old James Hipp. The homicide unit found that the death was suspicious.
- On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at approximately 11:38 p.m. police responded to 1600 block of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and found the victim, 43-year-old Derrick Buford, deceased. Neighbors heard several gunshots outside before Buford came back inside the residence suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
- On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at approximately 4:40 p.m. police responded to the 3000 block of Pleasant Valley Road in reference to a 70-year-old Larry Willingham found deceased on the kitchen floor on his home.
- On Friday, September 29, 2017 at approximately 9:11 p.m. officers responded to the 4100 block of Palmdale Drive in reference to one shot. Officers arrived and observed the victim, 26-year-old Chantaye Kitt, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. The victim was transported to the hospital where she was later pronounced deceased.
- On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at approximately 11:44 officers responded to 1600 block of Prairie Avenue for a report of one shot. Upon arrival, the victim 21-year-old Talmadge Dowdlan was found deceased.
- On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at approximately 3:53 p.m. police responded to the 1900 block of Eoline Street. The 19-year-old male victim, Roderick Conner, deceased inside the residence was found by his younger brother.
- On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at approximately 11:17 p.m. police responded to the 2100 block of Felix Street in reference to a suspicious complaint. Upon arrival, officers found 20-year-old Kenneth Foster and a 19-year-old James Rutledge deceased in front of the location with gunshot wounds.
- On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at approximately 12:50 p.m. police responded to the Dauphin Square Shopping Center parking lot, 3170 Dauphin Street, in reference to one shot. Upon officer arrival, 89-year-old John Higby was found inside his vehicle and pronounced deceased on the scene. Witnesses stated that the shooting occurred during an altercation.
For inquiries contact MPD Public Affairs Office
Contact Phone #: 251-208-1918 Contact Email: email@example.com
Back To News