New Year’s Eve Safety TipsDecember 30, 2013
The Mobile Police Department would like everyone to have a fun and safe New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The following are some rules and safety tips:
• No glass containers will be allowed downtown.
• No coolers are allowed during the Moon Pie Drop or New Year’s Parade.
• No lawn chairs of any kind are allowed.
• No pets will be allowed at downtown activities (except for service animals).
• Fireworks are illegal inside of the city limits.
• Do not discharge firearms as a celebratory act – this is an illegal act.
• Drinking age limit laws will be strictly enforced.
• Please park in designated, well-lit areas for your safety.
• Have a pre-planned meeting place in case you are separated from your group.
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Avoid large groups of people who appear to be loitering in parking lots.
• Make sure valuable items are not left in plain sight in a vehicle.
• Have a cell phone available to call for help, if needed.
• Parents should place an identity card in their child’s pocket in the event they become separated from one another. The card should provide the name of the child, address, telephone contact numbers and the name of a relative.
• In the event that parents and children are separated, the children should be instructed to go to the nearest police officer.
• Do not drink and drive - have a designated driver.
• Have Fun!
Ashley H. Rains
Public Information Office